EC2050 MOBILE ADHOC NETWORKS L T P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I INTRODUCTION 9
Introduction to adhoc networks – definition, characteristics features, applications.
Charectristics of Wireless channel, Adhoc Mobility Models:- Indoor and out door
UNIT II MEDIUM ACCESS PROTOCOLS 9
MAC Protocols: design issues, goals and classification. Contention based protocols- with
reservation, scheduling algorithms, protocols using directional antennas. IEEE
standards: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.15. HIPERLAN.
UNIT III NETWORK PROTOCOLS 9
Routing Protocols: Design issues, goals and classification. Proactive Vs reactive routing,
Unicast routing algorithms, Multicast routing algorithms, hybrid routing algorithm, Energy
aware routing algorithm, Hierarchical Routing, QoS aware routing.
UNIT IV END-END DELIVERY AND SECURITY 9
Transport layer : Issues in desiging- Transport layer classification, adhoc transport
protocols. Security issues in adhoc networks: issues and challenges, network security
attacks, secure routing protocols.
UNIT V CROSS LAYER DESIGN AND INTEGRATION OF ADHOC FOR 4G
Cross layer Design: Need for cross layer design, cross layer optimization, parameter
optimization techniques, Cross layer cautionary prespective. Intergration of adhoc with
Mobile IP networks.
TOTAL= 45 PERIODS TEXTBOOKS
1. C.Siva Ram Murthy and B.S.Manoj, Ad hoc Wireless Networks Architectures and
2. Charles E. Perkins, Ad hoc Networking, Addison – Wesley, 2000nd edition, Pearson Education. 2007
1. Stefano Basagni, Marco Conti, Silvia Giordano and Ivan stojmenovic, Mobilead hoc
networking, Wiley-IEEE press, 2004.
2. Mohammad Ilyas, The handbook of adhoc wireless networks, CRC press, 2002.
3. T. Camp, J. Boleng, and V. Davies “A Survey of Mobility Models for Ad Hoc Network
Research,” Wireless Commun. and Mobile Comp., Special Issue on Mobile Ad Hoc
Networking Research, Trends and Applications, vol. 2, no. 5, 2002, pp. 483–502.
4. A survey of integrating IP mobility protocols and Mobile Ad hoc networks, Fekri M.
Abduljalil and Shrikant K. Bodhe, IEEE communication Survey and tutorials, v 9.no.1
5. V.T.Raisinhani and S.Iyer “Cross layer design optimization in wireless protocol
stacks”Comp. communication, vol 27 no. 8, 2004.
6. V.T.Raisinhani and S.Iyer,”ÉCLAIR; An Efficient Cross-Layer Architecture for wireless
protocol stacks”,World Wireless cong., San francisco,CA,May 2004.
7. V.Kawadia and P.P.Kumar,”A cautionary perspective on Cross-Layer design,”IEEEWireless commn., vol 12, no 1,2005.